READ BOTH Genesis 34 from the bible AND Carolyn Blyth, “Terrible Silence, Eternal Silence: A Feminist Re-reading of Dinah’s Voicelessness in Genesis 34
You can access bible through https://bible.oremus.org/)
The reading article is attached
The only reference should be the attached only
This homework assignment will help ensure a dynamic classroom experience, and it will aid in progress on the course learning outcomes:
- Understand key questions and issues with respect to the application of the Bible to modern justice issues
- Critically analyze ways in which the Bible has, is, or could be used to address modern injustices
- Recognize the complexity in any attempt to apply ancient biblical texts to justice concerns in the modern world
- Think critically about one’s own fundamental views with respect to the Bible and contemporary justice issues
Include the following
- Identify the main ideas of the assigned reading.
- Identify two things you found interesting and want to discuss in class.
- Identify at least one question you have upon completion of the reading. This should not be a “google question” (i.e., What are “Euroamericans”?). (You may include more than one question.)