The United States’ involvement in the Vietnam War drastically changed the public’s opinion on the effect war has on soldiers. It has also affected the nation’s policy toward war and is still used as an example against involvement in foreign wars today. With this in mind, please write a 2000 word essay based on one of the two prompts below.
- Compare and contrast the treatment of Vietnam War veterans with World War II veterans in the U.S. How did the government treat both types of veterans? What type of assistance was offered to them when they returned? How did the public respond to them? Why do you think there was such a difference in how the Vietnam veterans were treated, and how has this informed how veterans of more recent conflicts have been regarded?
You may refer to the course material for supporting evidence, but you must also use at least five credible, outside sources and cite them using APA format. Please include a mix of both primary and secondary sources, with at least one source from a scholarly peer-reviewed journal. If you use any Study.com lessons as sources, please include them in your citations (including lesson title and instructor’s name).
- Primary sources are first-hand accounts of historical events, such as speeches, recorded interviews, diary entries, articles from the time period, letters, and documents such as census records.
- Secondary sources must be from reputable, peer-reviewed sources.
- At least two of your secondary sources must be articles from peer-reviewed scholarly journals such as the American Historical Association and Journal of American History.
- Websites must have .edu, .org, .gov in the domain. Wikipedia is not considered a reputable source, although the sources listed in Wikipedia articles may be acceptable.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order