General Overview: Select an event, incident, a legislative action, or related marked historical moment in the years from Reconstruction until today that marks an important transition in American History. This historical event can lead to a social, economic, or political transition that shaped the country’s history. Additionally, you will conclude this research project with a supposition of how history might have been shaped had this event never occurred or of another possible outcome could have been possible.
Examples: How did the new technology of WWI change modern warfare? What could have been the possible benefits and problems if the Freedman’s Bureau continued beyond Reconstruction?
Research Objectives & Questions to be discussed in Your Essay: (Incorporate these questions in the writing of your essay.)
- Why did you select this event?
- What were both the short- and long-term effects of this historical event?
- Who all were impacted/affected by this historical event?
- How was history changed by this event?
- If you were to imagine a different outcome or reaction to your event, what do you suppose might have been a different outcome in the short- and long-term?
- Your completed essay must be at least 850 words. All essays must be double-spaced, using margins to not exceed 1″, and using a font that is no larger than 12 pt.
- The essay must include at least one primary AND one secondary source (explanation of the differences can be found here).
- The essay must include one image that is either a primary or secondary document. The image should have a caption of 50-100 words explaining its relevance to the essay project. The image can be embedded within the text essay or attached as a separate page.
- Cite all sources used for research. The preferred citation style for the essay is the Turabian/Chicago style. Common citation styles for this format can be found at the https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/turabian/citation-guide.html
- All KNAC projects must contain a Works Cited page, and must use either footnotes or endnotes.
- Attach all documents (essay, supporting documentation, illustrations, journals, etc.). Submission of the essay portion must be in a .doc or .docx file type.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order