|Forward the topic of the health policy paper to faculty at the end of Week 1.
Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the U.S.
You will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue and develop a scholarly, APA-formatted paper supported by evidence. The policy paper rubric:
- Introduction to population or problem (incidence, prevalence, epidemiology, cost burden, etc.)
- Description of how the policy is intended for a specific population, program, or organization
- Specific legislators involved in the policy development and dissemination
- Identify the role of the APRN in assisting with the policy or refuting the policy – this requires the evidence to support opinion, ideas, and/or concepts
- Discuss how the policy influences clinical practice and is used to promote best outcomes
- Examine how the policy can be used by the interprofessional team to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care for the specific population
- Conclusion – summarize findings
- APA format – use of primary peer-reviewed references as much as possible
Using the navigation on the left, please proceed to the next page.
Topic for this health policy paper is: How to finance mental illness care with the demise of ACA.