Reflect on two to three (2-3) TV shows in which characters demonstrate aggression or violence. Consider the context in which this aggression or violence occurred and ways in which it can lead to desensitization.
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe at least one (1) episode of a television show in which you observed aggression or violence.
- Identify the context in which the character(s) demonstrated aggression or violence. Include the gender, age, and culture of the character(s) involved in the aggressive or violent act(s).
- Discuss at least two (2) possible reasons why the selected TV episode included aggression or violence. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Describe at least two (2) ways that media violence can cause desensitization in people. Justify your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop an increased understanding of the dynamic between society and individuals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in social psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about social psychology using proper grammar and mechanics.