DYSTOPIAN WRITING ASSESSMENT | Better Read than Dead: insert your sub-title here
Many Dystopian Novels are reactionary pieces to events that are headlining the news in their respective publication decades. In some way, shape or form, they promote an escape from the cave. (Allegory of the Cave text) Many of the issues that irked Aldous Huxley when he wrote his novel are in the news today. You probably noticed that the attitudes exhibited are those YOU have held about recent and current events.
For this paper, pull the following facets together –
Then in your paper, explain how one character would respond to the event, the opinions the character would have about what was happening in the event, and how it all relates to an escape from the cave.
Consider the following formula:
see next page for format advice…
English IV–Period 3
11 April 2019
Better Read than Dead: REMEMBER TO DO THIS
REMINDER . . .Work on figuring out what to do for your Brave New World Dystopian ESSAY
1. Figure out the expectations outlined on document
2. Choose your character–find 3 quotes/scenes
3. Vet article–make sure it works, identify quote to use–IS IT FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE (or is your choice going to immediately communicate that you are not that sure of yourself)?
4. Choose passages from Utopia Notes and What If Notes
5. Figure out HOW you will design or structure your essay
6. Draft out the Works Cited (Brave, lecture, article)