Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
Project 1: Case Analysis
Phil Spector was a famous record producer, songwriter and artist. In 2009, he was convicted of the 2003 murder of Lana Clarkson. Spector’s first trial resulted in a hung jury, and six years later he was tried again resulting in his conviction.
You may conduct your own research in answering the questions below, but also consider the following two links for support:
After reviewing the information provided, submit a three (3) page paper using the format below and answering the following questions supported by specific authority from the links provided. Use must use 1 inch margins and 1.5 line spacing, as well as 12pt font, preferably Times Roman or Arial.
1. Give a brief overview of the facts of the case, including an explanation of the specific statute(s) under which the defendant was charged and/or convicted and the ultimate outcome of the case
2. Give a brief explanation of the burden of proof, which is proof beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal prosecution.
3. Give a brief explanation of why the Spector trial was so important to the prosecution of crimes in the United States (think: retrials and double jeopardy).
B. Opening Statements
1. Which attorney was most persuasive?
2. Which attorney gave the jury more significant facts to consider?
C. Establishing/Challenging a Prima Facie Case for Murder
1. Name one key witness who helped establish a prima facie case of homicide for the prosecution or challenged a prima facie case for the defense, and explain why he or she helped or hurt the prosecution of the case.
1. What other evidence (than testimony) was significant in establishing or challenging a prima facie case of murder?
E. Closing Arguments
1. Describe why one was more persuasive than the other, and how the jury would have been persuaded one way or the other based on the closing statements.
F. Outside Factors
1. What, if any, outside factors (media, public opinion, etc.) affected the trial and/or the outcome of the case and how did they do so? (What book?)
G. Concluding thoughts
H. As a budding criminal justice scholar, discuss briefly why this case is important to the study of criminal justice and criminal prosecution, and how reading primary documentation about it has changed your own perspective on the case.
1. Submit a three (3) page paper using the format above and answering the listed questions supported by specific authority from the links provided.
2. Use must use 1 inch margins
3. 1.5 line spacing,
4. 12pt font, preferably Times Roman or Arial
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more