“confidentiality is a crucial feature of international commercial arbitration. It makes sense, therefore for confidentiality to be the default position and for any exceptions to confidentiality to be narrowly constructed” discuss.
– Gary Born, International Arbitration: Law and Practice (2nd ed, Kluwer 2015), §§10.01–10.04
– UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, Art 28.3
– AAY v AAZ  SGHC 142 – (High Ct, Sing) (available at https://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/docs/default-source/module-document/judgement/2009-sghc-142.pdf) especially – in which the judge addresses the nature of an implied obligation of confidentiality and also exceptions to the obligation of confidentiality. Following on from the presentation, the relevant paragraphs in the judgment will enable you to understand further how a court in common law jurisdiction such as Singapore or England might approach such legal questions.
– timothy Foden and Odysseas G. Repousis ‘Giving away home-field advantage: the misguided attack on confidentiality in international commercial arbitration’ (2019) 35 Arbitration International 401–418In this article the authors (writing from an English law perspective) respond to criticisms about a default position of confidentiality in commercial arbitration. As the title suggests, they argue that a default position of confidentiality is one of the key advantages for commercial parties should they need to resolve a dispute.
– Catherine A Rogers, ‘Transparency in International Commercial Arbitration (2005–2006) 54 University of Kansas Law Review 1301–38
-Simon Crookenden QC, ‘Who Should Decide Arbitration Confidentiality Issues?’ (2009) 25 Arbitration International 603¬–613
– Philip Clifford and Eleanor Scogings, ‘Which law determines the confidentiality of commercial arbitration?’ (2019) 35 Arbitration International 391–95
– Michael Hwang, Katie Chung, Si Cheng Lim, and Wong Hui Min, ‘Defining the Indefinable: = Practical Problems of Confidentiality (Second Kaplan Lecture, 17 November 2008’ in Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (ed), International Arbitration: Issues Perspectives and Practice: Liber Amicorum Neil Kaplan (Kluwer Law International 2018) 21–78
– should there be a default position of confidentiality in international commercial arbitration? Or, confidentiality should operate on an ‘opt-in’ basis: i.e. parties will have to choose to be bound by confidentiality obligations?
– The debate over confidentiality in international commercial arbitration is part of a wider debate around transparency. Is there a lack of transparency in international commercial arbitration? Do we need greater transparency in international commercial arbitration? How might greater transparency be introduced? Why might transparency be important? It is with questions such as these that Rogers is concerned in this article.
– the limit is 1500
– the areas to cover are in the PowerPoint and this word document no need for more resources.
– there no need for footnote just for example: in his book Gary argues…….
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more