“confidentiality is a crucial feature of international commercial arbitration. It makes sense, therefore for confidentiality to be the default position and for any exceptions to confidentiality to be narrowly constructed” discuss.
– Gary Born, International Arbitration: Law and Practice (2nd ed, Kluwer 2015), §§10.01–10.04
– UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, Art 28.3
– AAY v AAZ  SGHC 142 – (High Ct, Sing) (available at https://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/docs/default-source/module-document/judgement/2009-sghc-142.pdf) especially – in which the judge addresses the nature of an implied obligation of confidentiality and also exceptions to the obligation of confidentiality. Following on from the presentation, the relevant paragraphs in the judgment will enable you to understand further how a court in common law jurisdiction such as Singapore or England might approach such legal questions.
– timothy Foden and Odysseas G. Repousis ‘Giving away home-field advantage: the misguided attack on confidentiality in international commercial arbitration’ (2019) 35 Arbitration International 401–418In this article the authors (writing from an English law perspective) respond to criticisms about a default position of confidentiality in commercial arbitration. As the title suggests, they argue that a default position of confidentiality is one of the key advantages for commercial parties should they need to resolve a dispute.
– Catherine A Rogers, ‘Transparency in International Commercial Arbitration (2005–2006) 54 University of Kansas Law Review 1301–38
-Simon Crookenden QC, ‘Who Should Decide Arbitration Confidentiality Issues?’ (2009) 25 Arbitration International 603¬–613
– Philip Clifford and Eleanor Scogings, ‘Which law determines the confidentiality of commercial arbitration?’ (2019) 35 Arbitration International 391–95
– Michael Hwang, Katie Chung, Si Cheng Lim, and Wong Hui Min, ‘Defining the Indefinable: = Practical Problems of Confidentiality (Second Kaplan Lecture, 17 November 2008’ in Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (ed), International Arbitration: Issues Perspectives and Practice: Liber Amicorum Neil Kaplan (Kluwer Law International 2018) 21–78
– should there be a default position of confidentiality in international commercial arbitration? Or, confidentiality should operate on an ‘opt-in’ basis: i.e. parties will have to choose to be bound by confidentiality obligations?
– The debate over confidentiality in international commercial arbitration is part of a wider debate around transparency. Is there a lack of transparency in international commercial arbitration? Do we need greater transparency in international commercial arbitration? How might greater transparency be introduced? Why might transparency be important? It is with questions such as these that Rogers is concerned in this article.
– the limit is 1500
– the areas to cover are in the PowerPoint and this word document no need for more resources.
– there no need for footnote just for example: in his book Gary argues…….
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.