Books and Resources
See Dissertation Proposal and Dissertation Manuscript Template and Guide
In this Assignment, you will use what you have learned in this course to write a mini-research proposal for a quantitative study.
Begin by identifying a topic of interest that you might want to pursue research. You are not tied to this topic when you reach the dissertation sequence, but it should be a topic that you find interesting now and also relates to your program and specialization.
Assemble your proposal using the following format. Each section should use the provided heading.
• Begin with an introduction and statement of the problem and purpose statements for this research endeavor. Use scholarly sources to support the need for this research. You may also conduct a replication study of an existing study in your specialization area.
Population and Sample
• Describe the population, including the estimated size and relevant characteristics.
• Explain why the population is appropriate, given the study problem, purpose, and research questions.
• Describe the sample that will be obtained.
• Explain how the sampling guidelines that are associated with the chosen methodology and design will be followed. For quantitative studies, a power analysis must be reported to include the parameters (e.g., effect size, alpha, beta, number of groups) that were included, and evidence must be presented that the minimum required sample size will be reached.
• Describe how the participants will be (proposal) or were (manuscript) recruited (e.g., email lists from professional organizations, flyers) and/or the data will be (proposal) or were (manuscript) obtained (e.g., archived data, public records) with sufficient detail that the study could be replicated.
• Describe the instruments (e.g., tests, questionnaires, observation protocols) that will be (proposal) or were (manuscript) used, including information on their origin and evidence of their reliability and validity.
• For quantitative and mixed methods studies, identify how each variable will be used in the study. Use terminology that is appropriate for the selected statistical test (e.g., independent/dependent, predictor/criterion, mediator, moderator).
• Base the operational definitions on published research and valid and reliable instruments.
• Identify the specific instrument that will be (proposal) or was (manuscript) used to measure each variable.
• Describe the level of measurement of each variable (e.g., nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio), potential scores for each variable (e.g., the range [0–100] or levels [low, medium, high]), and data sources. If appropriate, identify what specific scores (e.g., subscale scores, total scores) will be (proposal) or were (manuscript) included in the analysis and how they will be (proposal) or were (manuscript) derived (e.g., calculating the sum, difference, average).
Data Collection and Analysis
• Describe the strategies that will be used to code and/or analyze the data and any software that will be used.
• Ensure that the data that will be collected and the analysis can be used to answer the research questions and/or test the hypotheses with the ultimate goal of addressing the identified problem.
• Use proper terminology in association with each design/analysis (e.g., independent variable and dependent variable for an experimental design, predictor and criterion variables for regression).
• For quantitative studies, describe the analysis that will be used to test each hypothesis. Provide evidence that the statistical test that was chosen is appropriate to test the hypotheses and that the data meet the assumptions of the statistical tests.
Summary and conclusion
• Summarize the key points that were presented in the manuscript.
Be sure to review previous weeks’ resources carefully. You are expected to apply the information from these resources when you prepare your assignments.
Dissertation Template Checklist, Northcentral University can be found in this week’s resources.
Length: 8 to 10 pages not including title page and reference page
References: Include a minimum of 7 scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Note: All papers are run through TurnItIn.com.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more