1. Watch excerpts of speeches by former President Dwight Eisenhower and civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. in which they criticize militarization and militarism.
Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXtyIQjubU
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Csez0eoDM&t=118s
2. Respond with short answers to five questions asking you to describe and analyze the speeches. You will also need to draw on the week’s reading, “Cultures of MilitarismLinks to an external site.,” by Hugh Gusterton and Catherine Besteman
3. Provide feedback on question answers with an assigned peer. These will be automatically assigned in the peer review function of this assignment. Please note that you must submit your assignment on time to get paired automatically.
Answers to each of these questions should be 150-200 words each, provide quotes from the speeches or reference specific ideas from the reading (you must draw on the reading in at least one answer), sentences should be complete and coherent.
Please answer the following questions:
1. What do you think King and Eisenhower mean by the terms militarization and militarism and what kinds of phenomena/events are they referring to?
2. What effects and implications did Eisenhower and King anticipate from militarism and militarization?
3. Were King and Eisenhower right? Support or disagree with their stated positions taking into account the historical moment in which they gave these speeches.
4. If King and Eisenhower were alive today, what kinds of global conflicts and global issues do you think they see militarism and militarization causing?
5. Suppose that the warnings by Eisenhower and King had been heeded, what would life in your home country look like today without the military-industrial-complex or militarism?
The word count doesn’t have to be 1100, each answer be 150-200 words is enough.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more