culture and religion Essays | Online Homework Help
Read instructions carefully.
Learning Activity #4: Multicultural Discussion
- Read the short article titled Multicultural Counseling.
- Prepare to engage in discussion concerning the following points.
- Give a biblical perspective on multiculturalism.
- Describe a multicultural approach and explain why it is so significant in today’s society.
- Describe your own multicultural experiences be they in your neighborhood, school, at work, etc.
- How have they affected your outlook to others from different cultures, races, ethnicities, etc.?
- How could you apply what you have learned in a counseling context?
Learning Activity #5: Integrationist Discussion
- Read Christian writer John Shepard’s article titled Integrating Psychology and Christianity.
- Prepare to engage in discussion Shepard’s article, analyzing his position as to an “Integrated Christian Psychology.” Address the following points.
- Do you see the value of an integrated approach to Christian counseling?
- Explain your reasoning for your position.
- Explain what it means to integrate a biblical worldview to counseling. What does this look like in a session?