Answer these seven questions as best as you can using peer-reviewed literature, well respected news sources (New York Times, Washington Post), textbooks, government cited articles etc. You cannot use blog postings, wiki postings, or Websites unless they are from an authoritative source
You have to go and do some Internet research on key industry Websites as well as search the Internet to identify the key legal issues that face this industry segment. For example, in the health space, the most likely issue is HIPAA and PHI (we all know that because of the textbook). Are there other issues that your group may have to focus on in the project?
Please provide all the references used
- Who are the key industry players that raise a red flag in your industry segment? Why?
- Why is this industry causing disruption? Cite 3-5 explicit examples.
- When you conduct an internet search on your topic pertaining to regulatory and compliance issues, what are some of the key regulatory and compliance issues in your business area of concern?
- Has the federal, state, or local government had to develop specific law or develop measures of compliance to protect citizens and businesses from harm?
- Evaluate 5-10 Internet Website Privacy Statements for the industry you have been given. Do you see a trend on the type of data that the vendor is concerned about? If so, please state what is the most evident in the statements?
- How does/has your industry handled its last major data breach? Which legal mechanism is most relevant to your industry of concern?
- What does literature and your research suggest about how the industry will need to deal with the regulatory concerns over time?