The purpose of this reflection is to examine changes in cultural perspectives across the lifespan.
The purpose of this discussion reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO 3: Describe culturally competent nursing care across the lifespan. (PO 4)
- Answer post MT in Week 5
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructorMT at the end of Week 5
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed.
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection.
Much of our culture comes from what we learn as children. However, culture continues to influence our norms throughout our lives. Reflect on the learning that you had as a child and your lived experience.
- Think of a change in your cultural perspective that is different now from when you were a child.
- What influenced you to change your thinking?
- How can you use this information in clinical practice?
To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.