HERE ARE 2 (TWO) ASSIGNMENTS within this lesson.
HUS 1450 Lesson 2 Assignment with links
REQUIRED TEXT: Dual Diagnosis: An Integrated Approach to Treatment (Watkins & et al)
Be sure to follow all directions and complete all activities in order to receive credit for this Lesson.
* Please read chapter 2: Issues and Problems with Dual Diagnosis
* Review the powerpoint presentation
* Review the NAMI link (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
* Follow the directions in the Discussion Assignment discussion board
* Complete the Reflection Assignment
Lesson 2 Presentation: PowerPoint that I can email you if you need it.
NAMI Dual Diagnosis Fact Sheet: https://namisolanocounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/dualdiagnosis_factsheet.pdf
Lesson 2 Discussion Question
Discuss ways in which membership in a minority or an ethnic–cultural group may further complicate the identification and treatment of dually disordered individuals.
Post your response to the above in the Discussion Board (250 words minimum)
Lesson 2 Reflection Assignment
It has been suggested that there are times when it would seem to be preferable that detoxification services be provided in a community setting rather than an institutional setting. Do you agree? In what situations would this seem to be a preferable choice for detoxification services?
* Save your completed document, or, copy and paste it in the message box.
Attach your work and click submit.
Your informed response MUST be a minimum of 250 words. Your response should demonstrate your ability to understand the topic being discussed.