Initial Post Instructions
- Present two different types of data, or variables, used in the health field. Examples could be blood pressure, temperature, pH, pain rating scales, pulse oximetry, % hematocrit, minute respiration, gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
- Classify each of your variables as qualitative or quantitative and explain why they fall into the category that you chose.
- Also, classify each of the variables as to their level of measurement–nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio–and justify your classifications.
- Which type of sampling could you use to gather your data? (stratified, cluster, systematic, and convenience sampling)
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
Your responses to other students can explain additional analyses that could be done with the variables they selected. Consider confounding variables, discrete or continuous data, the effects of outliers, etc.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references