Assignment 9.1 – Research/Critical Thinking/Short Essay
1. Explain in detail why software development maintenance related costs could reach upward of 75% of the total software workload.
2. Identify and discuss the considerations that go into the decision to scrap, maintain, re-engineer or replace a software development application.
3. Identify and discuss the evolutionary phases that a software application might go through over time. Describe the challenges that may result if the development team used a waterfall approach and the maintenance team uses an agile approach, or vice versa.
Requirement: 350 Words
Deadline: 1 day.
Assignment 9.2 – Weekly Discussion Forum Posts
o What does cloud computing mean to you?
o What are some possible maintenance and support related implications of cloud computing, in the context of software development, or otherwise?
Requirement: 150 Words
Deadline: 8 Hours.
Assignment 9.3 – Week Nine Exercises
1. Explain why it is necessary to software to change to avoid obsolescence.
2. Explain the differences between software engineering and refactoring.
Requirement : Two Pages