Q1. Discussion Board:
1. What does cloud computing mean to you?
2. What are some possible maintenance and support related implications of cloud computing, in the context of software development, or otherwise?
Requirement: 175 Words.
Deadline: 6 Hours.
Q2. Research / Short Essay:
Choose one of the three assignments below. Your analysis should be at least 400 but not more than 600 words.
1. Explain in detail why software development maintenance related costs could reach upward of 75% of the total software workload.
2. Identify and discuss the considerations that go into the decision to scrap, maintain, re-engineer or replace a software development application.
3. Identify and discuss the evolutionary phases that a software application might go through over time. Describe the challenges that may result if the development team used a waterfall approach and the maintenance team uses an agile approach, or vice versa.
Requirement: 400 – 600 words
Deadline: Two days.
Q3. Exercise Questions:
i. Explain why a software system that is used in a real-world environment must change or become progressively less useful.
ii. From Figure 9.4, you can see that impact analysis is an important sub process in the software evolution process. Using a diagram, suggest what activities might be involved in change impact analysis.
iii. Under what circumstances might an organization decide to scrap a system when the system assessment suggests that it is of high quality and high business value?
iv. As a software project manager in a company that specializes in the development of software for the offshore oil industry, you have been given the task of discovering the factors that affect the maintainability of the systems developed by your company. Suggest how you might set up a program to analyze the maintenance process and determine appropriate maintainability metrics for the company.