Now that the requirements and design are completed in your software development plan, the next step is to prepare for the development and testing of the application with a well-defined plan of action. A development and testing plan helps ensure that the process will run smoothly and that decisions regarding the process have been made in advance.
For this assignment, you will write the development and testing portion of the software development plan.
The following are the project deliverables:
- Update the software development plan document title page with a new date and project name.
- Update the previously completed sections based on your instructor’s feedback.
- Add the following new content:
- Summarize the development methodology to be used during the coding phase of the project.
- Identify at least 3 key processes that you will use to drive the project during coding (e.g., identification and tracking of milestones using an Agile process).
- Describe how the process works, the documentation required to track the process, and the approvals required during execution of the process.
- Identify the key phases of the project that will be subject to testing and the type of testing to be used during that phase.
- Write at least 3 test cases for the project. Each test case should address the testing requirements in each of the major phases of the project (design, development, and release).
- Each test case should address 1 of the major requirements or 1 of the major components of the application.
- The test cases should identify the test process and the expected outcome for the test. Additional information required in each test case is purpose, prerequisites, any test data with values used, and the steps required to complete the test.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
- Name the document yourname_SWE481_IP3.doc.
- Submit the document for grading.
- After the assignment has been graded, share your document with your team through the team area in the classroom. Your team should decide whether documents will be shared through the Discussion Board or the file uploads in the team area.