read the Textbook: Spiritual Dimensions of Illness and Recovery, Stephen Arterburn & Jack Felton.
No Plagiarism, follow direction for both assignments.
Learning Activity #2: Week Two Journal
- Read the article titled What’s a Christian Worldview.
- Make this week’s one-page journal entry a description of your worldview.Give an application of your worldview in a counseling context:
- How do you view counselees?
- What is an acceptable inclusion of your worldview in matters of spirituality and religious faith?
- Give an example of sharing your worldview in a counseling context.
- Provide 1-2 academic resources.
Learning Activity #3: Critical Thinking Paper
- Read the following essay titled Critical Thinking from Summit Ministries available at the link below.
- Read Chapter 3 of your text by Arterburn and Felton.
- Write a 1-2 page paper that responds to the questions below.
- What are areas of your own thinking wherein you have been guilty of making assumptions without asking the “tough questions?”
- Why it is valuable for even a Christian with strong convictions to engage in critical thinking?
- How can critical thinking help avoid some of the errant beliefs shown in Chapter 3 of the book Toxic Faith?
- According to this essay, how can critical thinking actually corroborate the Christian worldview?
- Provide a minimum of one academic resource.
- Apply APA formatting and meet expectations provided in the Paper Writing rubric.