1. Research/Critical Thinking/Short Essay
- Describe the characteristics of each software development model: V-model, waterfall and iterative models/frameworks and the key development stages or phases of each.
- Identify the key test levels with each model and the main goal(s) of each level. Incorporate details from section 2.2 into your analysis.
- Identify the pros and cons of each model.
- Identify how testing responsibilities and the role of the tester changes across the various development stages or phases.
- Provide an overview of how each model compares and contrasts to the other software development models.
- Make an overall recommendation of which model you believe would be more effective in a typical software development project. Provide justification for your recommendation.
- Essay should be at least 450, but not more than 600 words.
2. Discussion Forum Posts
Select any two topics below and post an original thread of 300 to 450 words each in this week’s discussion forum. (20 points)
- Compare and contrast verification testing and validation testing.
- How will you know good testing when you see it?
- Describe the basic premise of test-driven development, the goals of this approach and when this approach is most effective.
- Discuss the two stages of acceptance testing and discuss the pros and cons of each.
- Compare and contrast functional and non-functional testing. Provide examples of requirements that apply to each.
- Describe and discuss maintenance testing, when it occurs and why it is important.
- Testing within common software development models