1. As discussed in the video, Peter Singer created the term “speciesism” to describe the attitude of many human beings toward non-human animals. What does this term mean?
2. What is the “argument of need” in support of speciesism? What is one reason to agree with this argument, and what is one reason to reject this argument?
3. Although this is not discussed in this video, Singer discusses the ways in which speciesism is embedded in many human languages. For example, in English, calling humans “pigs” is an insult. Give two examples of how animal names may be applied to humans, in any language you choose (languages other than English are very welcome!). Are these insults? Are they compliments? Are they neutral? Explain whether your examples support Singer’s claim that comparisons between humans and animals are usually speciesist.
Video 2 Moral behavior in animals: https://youtu.be/GcJxRqTs5nk
4. Many people have argued that non-human animals are not capable of moral thought, or of understanding moral rules. Frans de Waal’s research suggests that this is not true. Explain any one of the experiments shown in the video that suggests that some animals are able to have a sense of justice or fairness.
5. De Waal’s research also focuses on compassion and empathy in animals. Explain any one of the experiments in the video that suggests that some animals have a sense of compassion or empathy.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
At homeworkcheg.com, You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with at HomeworkCheg, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more