• You should write about “The Subject of Consumption.”
o Journals are 1-2 pages double spaced.
o Please make sure you put your name and journal number at the top of your journal entry.
• What should be in your journal? A journal entry should contain 4 items about each piece of literature you read in the textbook:
1. A brief synopsis of what the section was about [think characters, conflict, resolution]
2. Any lines or phrases that have particular significance [think important themes, climactic moments]
3. A short explanation of what you liked or found most valuable about the piece
4. Any questions you have about the piece.