Imagine how you would feel if you were in the scenario. Describe your reaction(s) to the situation. How do you feel about it? What is your initial reaction? How might you handle this situation at the restaurant?
Interpretation and reflection: Reflect on the cultural aspects of the scenario presented. Do people outside of a culture have the right to criticize that culture’s values or beliefs? Why or why not?
Baseel, C. (2015, October 6). How do people in Japan feel about eating whale? We asked five people for their opinions. Sora News 24. https://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/10/06/how-do-people-in-japan-feel-about-eating-whale-we-asked-five-people-for-their-opinions/[rightSelectionMarker_Pc2e8R7NmM]
Assignment Criteria Proficient Descriptor Points
Content Description Journal Description:
• Provides personal response to the issues raised in the scenario
• Demonstrates critical thinking in connecting the given scenario to key course concepts from readings and other academic resources.
• Makes relevant inferences through contextual explanations and examples. /20 pts.
Interpretation/Reflection Journal reflection:
• Demonstrates insight and awareness of the relevance of the questions and their cultural implications to the world and society
• Examines personal assumptions and explores alternative perspectives.
• Includes what was learned from engaging with the questions and how it will inform personal behavior in the future, demonstrating growth and awareness. /20 pts.
Writing Quality Journal response is well-articulated, including in-text citations and references in accurate APA Style as needed, and is free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors. /10 pts.