You will write a 1-2 page paper (size 12 Times New Roman font, double spaced, black ink) on the following question:
You MUST watch the Urbanization<a href=”https://www.homeworkgain.com/downloads/software-7/”> video</a> lecture (located in the Resource’s Video Lectures for Quizzes folder on the class Isidore site). Additionally, you may use your class textbook as a resource (but start with the video lecture).
Why was urbanization a major problem? Show three reasons why cities became a problem in the 1800s. Also, explain how they solved these problems. Show three ways that the cities were improved over the century.
How to write:
1. You must write in an analytical and narrative form- intro, body, and conclusion.
2. You must not only answer the question, but explain in detail your answer. Your quiz must be at least 1 full page in length.
3. Proofread! Proofread! Proofread!
How to cite:
1. For all outside information, you MUST include citations for that information.
2. Go here for Chicago Manual of Style or MLA citation/footnoting: (http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html)
3. You may use the class lectures, textbook, and outside academic sources to back up your argument. Please consult the library for books and <a href=”https://www.homeworkgain.com/downloads/management-25/”>articles</a> on the topic.
4. Do NOT use internet sources, encyclopedias, dictionaries, or book reviews. You may use academic sources on JSTOR or EbscoHost.
5. Here is how to cite the lectures:
1st time in text: (HST 103, Revolutions in the Atlantic World, Slide #/Title, Date(s) of Lecture).
2nd – 1000th time in text: (HST 103, Revolutions, slide #/abbreviated title).